One of the joys of papercrafting is we get to spread happiness, make some one smile, brighten someone's day.
It is the primary reason that made me take up cardmaking after the end of art classes that I took up during school. :)
We have an awesome facebook page that goes by the name of "Cards For A Cause - India"
You can check out the group : HERE
This group conducts various card drives wherein we crafters get an opportunity to contribute to a cause by sending out cards.
The most recent card drive was the : send cards to soldiers drive for which I made these thank you cards.
How'd I make these cards?
Here are the steps :
1. Created background using the Hypnotic stencil by Penny Black.
(Distress ink colors used were : Spiced Marmalade and Mowed Lawn)
The Indian flag consists of colors Saffron White and Green, so that was the color theme I wanted to go with.
2. Stamped the sentiment using the fantastic Thank You stamp by So Suzy Stamps.
3. Die-cut using a rectangle from the Rounded Rectangle Dual Stitched die by Peek-a-boo Designs.
4. Added navy blue sequins and matted it onto navy blue cardstock.
5. Lastly, added a glittery multi-colored strand of thread.
I also created matching envelopes for the cards after which I penned down a few words of thanks and then sent these out! ^__^
Before I sign off, here's one more picture :
I hope you liked my project. Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a lovely evening! *Hugs*
Posted via Blogaway