I love pressed flowers, don't you? :)
However, as much as I love them, and try to make them at home, all my pressed flowers end up turning dark brittle brown.
This time, I was determined... to make pressed flowers that well, stay.
I experimented and came up with this technique of making a stamped image look like a faux pressed flower. Pretty neat huh?
This is also my first, vintage / victorian inspired project, so I hope that I have done justice to the themes.
I was experimenting, and working within a set timeline so unfortunately I did not have enough time to click photos, but here is what I did...
1. Took a rubber cling stamp and put colors using gelato sticks... two colors for flower and one color for stem.
2. Dampened the stamp a bit using my mini mister and pressed the image firmly onto paper.
3. After it dried, I picked up the same gelatos with my brush and applied color wherever required.
4. After the image dried a second time, I put a coat of glossy accents over it.
The key is to getting the colors of the flowers right. To get that pressed flower look, I did go through a lot of images.
This was my first try, and I do hope to get better... (will experiment with each large flower stamp that I have!) ;)
Hope this was able to convey how I created the look.
Background was with stencils from The Crafter's Workshop and Tim Holtz using distress inks. I have used black soot on the edges of the hand-torn paper too.
The tiny butterflies are from Martha Stewart 3 in 1 butterfly punch.
The stamped sentiment is from a set by 'Inspired by Stamping.'
Brads are from HOTP Pastel brad pack, and rhinestones are from my stash!
Thanks for stopping by!
Linking this to :
Lulupu Challenge : Watercolors #48
Posted via Blogaway