I love working with bright spring happy colors. :)
The inspiration behind this card is.... yup, you guessed that right.. a birthday cake!
I was checking out pictures of birthdays celebrated with family and friends, feeling nostalgic when I glanced at my box of washi tapes and bam!
Here are the steps :
1. Stamped the sentiment "Wish" (by So Suzy Stamps, yes, I do love red rubber stamps and So Suzy Stamps make some really fabulous ones, so do check them out!) in black archival ink.
2. Cut a frame from a piece of pattern paper from my stash alongwith washi tape strips (after matting the washi tapes onto white cardstock).
3. Adhered frame + washi bits and added a piece of ribbon.
4. Using watercolor pencils did the flames and once they dried, I covered them in glossy accents.
5. Added sequins from my stash and super fine glitter dust to washi "candles" + the frame.
That is it! Easy peasy recipe to one pretty, super sparkly card!
Thank you for stopping by and have a happy day friends! *Hugs*
P.S. Here are a few more pics but the lighting is slightly off... ah well, you get the idea!
Posted via Blogaway