Friday 31 July 2015

Christmas Fishes!

The current challenge at So Suzy Stamps is Christmas by the Sea, which is really interesting...

When I saw the topic, I immediately knew that I had to pick "little fish" stamp and do something, but what?

Little fish is actually very true to its name, it is tiny and therefore a superb background builder... so I thought, why not try and make a Christmas Tree! ^__^

It is unlike any card design I have ever tried, lol... my sibling called me mad to have done this (I do show my work to her from time to time to get her opinion) but I was darn stubborn that this was what I wanted to do, so here it is...

A very, VERY unconventional Christmas card!

Here's how I made this :
1. Stamped the "little fish" stamp by So Suzy (A lot of times!) in black archival.
2. Stamped sentiment using alphabet set by Lawn Fawn.
3. Drew a couple of black lines using my uniball fine liner.
4. Created background using distress inks with metallic purple gelato... it has that subtle Wink of Stella-like shimmer, apologies, I tried, but it is one of those cards that is very hard to photograph.
5. Adhered sequins and pearls.
6. Took some blue stickles and just smooshed it across with finger to add a tad more sparkle.
7. Lastly, distressed the edges and matted it onto light pink cardstock.

I did a pastel color themed card after quite some time which was indeed a refreshing change! I hope you liked it!

Have a happy day! :)

Linking this to :
So Suzy Challenge - Christmas by the Sea

  


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment