I don't know if you know, but I LOVE ATCs!
Those little miniature pieces of art, it is really fun and addictive to collect them!
So, to collect them, I often participate in swaps where I get the opportunity to exchange my work with someone else.
These I made for an overseas swap and the theme for January was, yup, you got that right, coastal! ^__^
Here's a close up picture of one of the ATCs :
Yeah I know, should have taken a photograph and then sealed it! Silly me!
Okay, so, how'd I make this?
1. Background is white cardstock, covered up a portion of it and using my Papericious ink blending tool, inked the upper side in Mustard Seed Distress Ink.
2. After that, I put a strip of blue paper (below the yellow inked area) for sea and a hand-torn piece of handmade paper (below the blue paper) for the beach.
3. Shaded the sea with chalk and added glitter to it.
4. Added craft sand by JAGS to lower half for that sandy beach look.
5. I didn't have anything that would be appropriate for a tree, but I did want it in the background, so, I brainstormed and took my TCW - Fanciful Feathers stencil and used a feather design from it for tree branches with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink.
6. I picked a sentiment that fit into the space (from a really old acrylic Micia stamp set) that went with the mood of the theme and stamped it using versafine.
7. Lastly, I added a couple of sea-shells and glued a half-pearl inside one of the shells.
And that's how I achieved this beachy look! (Pun not intended but if you spotted it, lol! Funny, right?!) ^__^
I never thought I'd pick up a jar of craft sand and make a beach themed ATC, but there you have it!
Moral of the story : Experiment, never stop learning and have fun! Crafting is all about fun!
Till next time dear friends, have a lovely evening!
Posted via Blogaway