Sunday 8 May 2016

A sparkly birthday card

Hello! ^__^

A quick post today, sharing a with you a birthday card I made.

I made this using Bielo Cardstock, a sample of which was given to me as a part of the 3rd birthday celebrations at The Craft Shop. (Thank you Priya! It's really awesome!)

This cardstock is smooth and super sturdy, 300 gsm.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it took on the inks during stenciling, because these are not distress inks... these are dye inks! So despite me using dye inks, as you can see, it led to a nice, smooth blend.

It's pure white cardstock, which means it does not have subtle yellow / grey undertones, thereby making the colors look more vibrant.

All in all, I really enjoyed using it and will definitely be getting more of this cardstock to try with other mediums!

A fairly easy CAS project, here's a list of the stuff I used to make this card :

The sentiment (Happy Birthday stamp by So Suzy Stamps) was stamped using Archival ink.

The dye ink set is called Highland Spring and is also by So Suzy Stamps.

I used brads (by Kaisercraft), washi tape, glitter (both local buys) and some die-cuts (RAK from a crafty Pen Pal).

Also on the butterfly and the background you can see a script stamp which is by Tim Holtz.

Here's a close up :

This was one awfully tough to photograph project (blame the poor lighting) but I did manage to click a picture at a lower angle to show you the shimmer on the butterfly.

Oh, also used some mini pearls, a teeny tiny confetti star and some rhinestones in blue and purple on the butterfly. (From my stash.)

The various layers of shimmer! Sparkly sparkly! ^__^

And that's that!

Thank you so much for stopping by, have an awesome day!

Linking this to :  The Craft Shop Contest 


Posted via Blogaway

2 comments:

  1. Halak!! Thats an awesome card and dye ink colors blended so well!! Thanks for playing with The Craft Shops 3rd Birthday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete