Thursday, 28 May 2015

Fabulous, YOU!!

Here is a card that I made for my friend who is about to be married to the love of her life! :)

I had recently bought some sakura modeling paste and looking at that texture in the champagne colored top-half of the dress, I knew I had found the perfect excuse to use and experiment with it. :D

This is how I made it :

1. Spread some modeling paste using a spatula onto a heavy duty white cardstock (250 gsm).

2. While the modeling paste was still wet, I took a fine tooth comb and created that pattern.

3. Once it dried, I took some inka gold (old silver) and applied it generously over the design with a sponge. (I know, the inka gold label says old silver, but in actuality it is a gorgeous champagne color that looks great on both, white and black cardstock!)

4. After that, took a brush and blended picked raspberry and spiced marmalade distress ink with the outer edge of the design. I must add here that inka gold blends easily with water and distress ink, resulting in a beautifully understated look with a slight amount of shimmer.

5. Once that was done, I took my chevron stencil (by Kaisercraft) and sponged it lightly to two sides of the card, again using picked raspberry and spiced marmalade.

6. After it dried, I matted it onto a bright pink cardstock which was finally matted onto a 300 gsm black cardstock.

7. After that, I took two die-cuts in white, which said "Fabulous", sponged one with spiced marmalade distress ink and the other with jet black archival ink and created a shadow effect.
To jazz it up a bit, I covered the orange die-cut in fine glitter dust.

8. Loved the geometric pattern in those bright colors, so I cut up some triangles out of the purple, pink and orange cardstock and arranged them on the other two sides. (The sides where I didn't use the chevron stencil)

9. Finally, added some purple and pink acrylic dots and coated the pink and orange triangles in fine glitter dust.

That is it! ^__^ Had a lot of fun with the modeling paste! (I used to think it's pretty tough to use, but it's super easy!) If I can do it, so can you!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Linking this to : RIC #84 


Posted via Blogaway

7 comments:

  1. Beauyiful take on inspiration. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! That is stunning!!! I love the champagne color!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Suzy! :) It was my first try with Inka Gold and I have to say, I love it too!!!

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! That is stunning!!! I love the champagne color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the techniques you used on your card...amazing! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Jennifer! ^__^

      Delete