Sunday 31 May 2015

Thankful - for everything that you do!

The theme of the month at one of my favorite brand of stamps, So Suzy Stamps, was thank you and that is what inspired me to make this card. :)

Unlike my cards where I stamp the sentiment once, here I have stamped it thrice (from a simon says stamp set).

Also, the gorgeous blooms that you see in the card is one of my favorite stamps, called "Tulip Stem" and sold by So Suzy Stamps. I have inked the bud part in salty ocean and the stem and leaves in mowed lawn distress inks and stamped it thrice onto my cardstock.

So, let's get to the process :
1. On an off-white cardstock created background using a paint brush with diluted salty ocean distress ink.

2. After that I stamped Tulip Stem thrice using salty ocean and mowed lawn.

3. Stamped the sentiment and added a bit of texture using TCW Stencil - Texturized.

4. Rounded the edges using a corner rounder and matted it onto a blue cardstock and then onto master cardstock on which I had already added some texture, using the same stencil.

5. Took a blue chevron washi tape and added a brad to it and attached it to the top of the card. A bit of washi tape was also added to the bottom right corner of the card, which I also rounded using my corner rounder.
Also added a twine, some rhinestones and a little U clip. :)

6. Stamped the sentiment two more times onto the master cardstock and added some glittery white butterflies.

That is it!
The sentiment outside is "Thankful" so on the inside I continued it by writing, "for everything that you do."

I'd love to hear what you think! (Pardon my poor photography, I tried my best but this is just one of those cards where the beauty cannot be captured completely via a photograph)
Also included some cool closeup pics! ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking this to :
So Suzy Stamps -  May Challenge - Thank You 


Posted via Blogaway

14 comments:

  1. Love the color of the tulips and your card is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Suzy! ^__^ Yup, this color is becoming a fast favorite of mine too!

      Delete
  2. Great design. So whimsy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! The blue is lovely. Thanks for joining us at So Suzy Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! Yup, this blue also looks great with the Peacock Feathers distress ink. ^__^

      Delete
  4. what a pretty card the colors are gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharon! ^__^ It was just one of those days where I felt like working with fewer colors. Happy to see the way it turned out.

      Delete
  5. Pretty cards! Thanks for entering the challenge over at So Suzy Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Dr. Sonia!! ^__^

      Delete